Between The Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DEITY OF THE DAY
Daily Gods powered by
www.godchecker.com

Creating a Character Profile

Go down

Creating a Character Profile Empty Creating a Character Profile

Post  LyxisMorgan Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 18:18

This is a set of information that I try and cover while I'm thinking about the characters I'm using in my stories. I don't always manage to cover every area right from the start as my characters start to develop themselves as I write but by the time I'm halfway through a story I normally manage to have a few pages of this.

You will find that there is a lot of information about your characters that you have in a profile that does not make it into your story, but it helps to make the character more real to you and therefore more believable for the readers.

If you can think of anything different to add though then do it.

Basic Bio
Full Name:
Nickname or what they go by:
Date of Birth: (This one can really help if your writing multiple books set during different seasons... I've had a few headaches with a series book that has seven different characters. The date of birth really helped me to iron out the kinks)
Height:
Weight:
Build:
Race:
Hair colour and length:
Eye Colour:
Skin Colour:

Background:
Strengths, Skills, abilities and powers:
Weaknesses:
Relationships: (I normally end up with a family tree or two to help me here.)
Mannerisms and personal quirks:

I did most of this off my memory so I may end up editing it... I'll post a fake character profile later to help as well...

Anyone with a different way of doing this please feel free to share... I would love to see how others do this.
LyxisMorgan
LyxisMorgan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 247
Favourite Genre : Dark Fantasy

Mythic High Student
Race: Witch

https://betweenthelines.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down